Friday, December 31, 2010

More Things 2011 Should Leave Behind

Filed under: , , ,


Yes, there is more to leave behind in 2011. Hopefully you have checked out yesterday's list and here is the rest!

But first, here are some Honorable Mentions that didn't make the cut, but still need to be left behind as well.

Antoine Dodson
Skinny jeans on Men
All news articles about single black women
Blue tooth devices in your ear
Celebrities in tax trouble
Facebook


Now where did I leave off?

12. Fake A** Disability (FAD)

There is no doubt that there are some people who have disabilities that render them unable to work. HOWEVER, if I meet one more person who is on disability for a "learning disability" or because your back is too bad from that accident "back in 1986," I'm gonna scream. Never mind, since you've been on FAD you've had two kids. You can get arrested on an assault charge for fighting in front of your building, but can't get a job? Somehow you and your ilk feel as though you should be living off the rest of us workers and I am sick of it. Where's your pride? In 2011 please say no to FAD.

13. Law & Order Spin-Offs

It's been like 78 years. Special Victims, Criminal Intent, Los Angeles, United Kingdom. You've had a good run. Just let it go.

14. Obesity

Big and beautiful my a**. At least one person, Michelle Obama, has had the balls to come forward and actually tell the American people to their faces: "You are too fat and so are your dumb kids." Good for her. It is true! Hey everybody, I implore you to take 5 minutes and look at yourself in a three-way mirror. I want you to take full account of what you see. I even challenge you to take a picture of yourself in that mirror with one of your fancy phones. I then want you to ask yourself, "Do you like what you see?" Not, does my man like it, or does my woman like it? But do YOU really like what you see? Or is it actually pretty gross?

It's time we all embraced our health and and decided we want to live long, strong vibrant lives. All this "thick" and "stocky" and "husky" and "big beautiful woman" and "whole lotta man" foolishness was real cute in 2010 but in 2011, its time to decide that we want to toss out destinies tied to diabetes and blood pressure meds and finally proclaim that we want to live better.

If your friends, your man, your woman, your mama, your daddy, your friends won't tell you, I will: Obesity. is. not. hot.

15. Tattoos about the face or neck

What is really the big disconnect here? When did tattoos on your neck and face become hot? And are they REALLY hot on anyone other than a professional athlete, rapper or ex-con? And even in that group, in ten years they will look just as stupid. With that in mind I want to let you know that all of you grown people, who have chosen to get tattoos above your clavicle, look a hot a** ghetto mess.

I'm just saying it because no one really wants to tell you, because unlike clothes or a hair style or even a gold toof in front, you can't change it, and you're stuck, so telling you will really accomplish nothing except making you feel bad. But please know, without any shadow of a doubt, tattoos about the face or neck are the precise reason why your a** cannot get hired. It's not discrimination, it's not the recession, its because you have a DUMB A** PAIR OF LIPS ON YOUR NECK. I wouldn't hire you either. Grow up in 2011.

16. Drug Commercials

It seems that every week, there is some new ailment that I need a new drug for, that I am supposed to ask my doctor about. Nowadays if my mouth is dry, or my legs are restless or my eyelashes aren't full enough, I'm supposed to ask my doctor to give me some drugs. We've become a nation of wusses who treat the side effects of one drug with another drug. Was it really that difficult to get to sleep in 2010 that we needed 5 different sleeping pills? Never mind many of the drugs have side effects worse than the problem they are treating. Are you really willing to withstand side effects like compulsive gambling, suicide, night terrors, or eating raw bacon, just to remove the dark circles under your eyes? Forget the drugs, I have an idea, next time you're sleepy: count sheep, b**ches.


17. 3D-F*cking- Movies

There was a time when a movie being in 3-D was a special event. You were so excited to wear your little red & blue 7-11 paper glasses to a picture show. 3-D was a huge deal and going to see a 3-D movie was a momentous occasion, you never knew when the next 3-D would come out so you made sure you didn't miss this one.

Now I can tell you when the next 3-D movie is coming out: ANY FRIDAY OF 2010.

I mean, good lord. I actually find it hard to recall movies that WEREN'T in 3-D anymore. Don't get me wrong, 3-D is cool but I thought it was intended to be used in films where its novelty and effect would best complement the on-screen content. Like Jason, in Friday the 13th, shooting that friggin' arrow in your eye in Part 3. Now THAT's 3-D. Having some asexual animated creature merely appearing in front of me for shits and giggles, I could do without. Call me when you can put Idris Elba in my lap. Now THAT would be a special feature. But I digress...

And now, 3-D television is around the corner. Soon we'll have Bad Girls fighting, Idol auditions, and Jersey Shore trash getting drunk right in our living rooms. Can't wait.

18. Closeted and Con-men Clergy

First of all, do not hate on my alliteration. What more is there to say? From the Catholic priests having butt-sex with little boys to mega churches allowing their members to be foreclosed upon while the pastor drove Bentleys, it's been a rough year for religion in 2010. Decent people who run decent churches have been eclipsed by the hit parade of creeps, crooks, and crazy men proclaiming to be messengers of God who have proceeded to craft a message, not for the benefit of the congregants, nor for the benefit of God, but for the benefit of himself. The preacher offers to pray for those being foreclosed and in return he'll "pray for you." A growing number of these bastards are leading to the disillusionment of a generation and a community who sees churches as institutions who exploit the very communities that support them.

19. Crazy, Dumb and/or Retarded Political Candidates

Lord knows I love reading up on the fanciful exploits of former senatorial-candidate AKA my future baby daddy (oops!) Alvin Greene. No, it isn't lost on me that Greene isn't the coldest beer in the fridge. And usually, someone like Greene is an anomaly, but this year, he barely even stood out among the groundswell of kooks suddenly deciding to run for office. Greene, O'Donnell, Angle... PLEASE, go back to whatever you were doing in 2009, we can't take you anymore.

I guarantee you, most of these folks weren't thinking about politics, nor could they spell it, before a black man became elected president.


20. Fussing and Fighting

This year we have we have witnessed unprecedented efforts on the part of some that some to create disharmony. In 2011, we must make a decision to work together.

Whether it's in the halls of Congress, your kid's school, your job, your relationship, your family or your neighborhood -- we've all seen the progress we make when we agree to work together.

Not sell out, not give in, but compromise. In a country where we've created a cottage industry of disagreement, if we have learned anything in 2010, it's what can happen if we actually put away our ultimatums and pouty whines and actually work together. We can never get what we want all the time (except maybe if you're Rihanna, Beyonce, or Jay-z).


So... in the interest of creating the best lives we can for ourselves in the best country in the world, I encourage you to work together in the coming year.

I know you hate him or you hate her. I know you should have had that job. I know that guy ripped you off. I know they lied to you and that car was a piece of crap.

But consider what peace of mind is worth to you?

Is it really that bad if your daughter gets home 30 mins later than your custody agreement?

Is it really a capital offense if your woman spoke to her ex as she passed him by at a restaurant last week?

What is peace worth?

That's what we should ask ourselves as a society.

Whether it's a domestic disagreement or world affairs, at the end of the day, we must all ask ourselves how do I want to live? Is being right more important than being happy? Is a political victory worth your integrity? Is winning that argument worth another night of strife? Is your ego worth the adoration of your son or daughter? I don't know about you, but I'll take peace any day.

Why don't we all try for peace in 2011? I have a feeling if we all try for peace, we can't lose.

Happy New Year People.


 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

rush limbaugh and kathryn rogers hilary duff and mike comrie chelsea clinton and marc mezvinsky carrie underwood and mike fisher katy perry and russell brand

No comments:

Post a Comment